Welcome to chrome draw. This is a drawing app built to be turned in to a chrome extension to mark up any web page.
Requires WebGL for display, Leap Skeletal Beta for interaction:
It is currently implemented in coffee script. To compile your own changes, make sure you have grunt installed
npm install grunt), and then simply run
> grunt watch
As well as transpiling the coffeescript in to
main.js, this will also run a livereload server. With the right
chrome extension, the page will reload for you when files are changed.
Known issues and road map
- Hand splay should be measuring how stretched-out fingers are, but actually measures how together they are
- Sometimes some brush strokes are left behind when clearing the canvas
- Leap-playback can sometimes speed up
- Wire up the color choosers on the top right
- Allow click interaction, to go between moving hand Up/Down for hue and Up/Down/Left/Right for saturation
- Build in to chrome extension, for use on any page
- Add "new canvas" and "take screenshot" buttons
- Add share buttons
- Break out swipe-timeout (and direction, end-event) in to their own wrapper plugin
- Add field of view calculations (plugin) and a feature with the rigged hand to allow coloring bounded by a plane. Use to darken the hand on the edge of the field of view.
- Use radial coordinate system to detect left and right flicks of the hand from the wrist, use to switch h/s/l setting modes.
- Add grab support, to allow moving the background with one hand, while drawing with the other.
- The Rigged Hand - 3d hand on screen
- Leapjs-playback - plays back pre-recorded motion
- leap.relative-motion This beta plugin allows motion relative to the position of the hand when last recalibrated
- leap.hand-splay This beta plugin measures how flat and stretched-out a hand is.