This virtual reality app requires the use of an Oculus Rift, a Rift-mounted Leap Motion Controller (using the VR Developer Mount or unofficial alternative), and the Leap Motion Orion software. Before using, enable "Allow Images" through the Leap Motion Control Panel to enable video passthrough.
Triangulate is an augmented reality art program that lets you fill your space with colorful triangles by pinching them out of the air!
- Create a triangle by pinching empty space.
- Continuing the pinch, select a color from the color picker by bringing your hand to the color picker.
- Release the pinch to place the triangle, then pinch any individual vertex to drag/release it anywhere in 3D space.
- Tap any triangle with your index finger when you want to manipulate it. You can also recolor
Using a Hovercast menu on your left palm, you can select from a variety of settings, including:
- toggling infrared passthrough
- toggling a grid, so that vertices snap to fixed points in space when the grid is activated
- clearing the canvas
Since all shapes in 3D can be represented with triangles, any 3D surface/shape is possible to depict using this tool. To use this on the Rift CV1, make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked in your Oculus settings before running it.